OFFICIAL RULES - SOCIAL MEDIA T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROMOTIONAL SWEEPSTAKES. PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTIONAL SWEEPSTAKES IS FREE. PURCHASE OF THE SPONSORS’ PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
- SPONSOR: Viessmann Manufacturing Co., (US), Inc., 45 Access Road, Warwick, RI 02886 (“Viessmann”). Viessmann will administer this Sweepstakes (as defined below).
- ELIGIBILITY: This promotional sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of all of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia who, at the time of entry, are: of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (and at least eighteen years of age). The Sweepstakes is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsors and their affiliates and service providers, and the immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouse) of, and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) with, such persons are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a Prize (as defined below).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Viessmann’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the Sweepstakes and receiving any Prize (as defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Warwick, Rhode Island time (“RIT”) on April 15, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. RIT on April 22, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), according to Viessmann’s time clock. There are two ways to enter this Sweepstakes:
a) Registration Entry: Eligible entrants will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes for each photograph or video uploaded to Viessmann’s Official Social Media platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) during the Sweepstakes Period (“Registration Entry”). Eligible entrants are limited to a maximum of one (1) entry per entrant. Additional entries will not increase odds of winning and will be considered invalid.
b) Mail-In Entry: Eligible individuals will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes by legibly hand-printing the entrant’s full name, address, city, state, zip, day and evening phone numbers (area codes included), email address, date of birth, contractor license number and state of issuance and the words “SOCIAL MEDIA T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES” on a 3”x 5” card, and mailing such card in a stamped envelope with proper postage affixed to: Viessmann Manufacturing Company (U.S.), Inc., 45 Access Road, Warwick, RI, 02886 (“Mailed Entry” and together with Registration Entries, each an “Entry” and collectively “Entries”). Mailed Entries must be postmarked no sooner than April 15, 2020 and no later than April 22, 2020, and must be received no later than May 6, 2020. Mailed Entries, including both the outer envelope and the 3”x 5” card, must be handwritten. Cards or envelopes that are not handwritten, that utilize address labels or stickers (for any address), that are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically or digitally produced or reproduced, or that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules will NOT be honored, acknowledged or returned, and the persons submitting such requests will not receive a Mailed Entry. Envelopes containing multiple cards will NOT be honored, acknowledged or returned, and the persons submitting such requests will not receive a Mailed Entry.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all entrants. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries, and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical failures of any kind, or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about May 7, 2020, Viessmann or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, will randomly draw one (1) entry from among all eligible Entries received. The first Entry drawn will be used to determine the potential winner of the Prize (the “Potential Winner”). The Potential Winner will be eligible to win the applicable Sweepstakes prize(s), subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Winner will be notified by electronic mail and/or telephone using the contact information provided in the winning Entry or, for Registration Entries, the entrant’s contact information on file with Viessmann (“Prize Notification”) to confirm the Potential Winner’s full name and a mailing address (“Mailing Information”) and the Potential Winner must respond by as instructed in the Prize Notification within seven (7) calendar days of the date of the Prize Notification (the “Deadline”) with Potential Winner’s Mailing Information. Each Potential Winner’s mailing address must be a street address (no P.O. Boxes). If the Sponsor does not receive a Potential Winner’s response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, such Potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner (for each unclaimed Prize) will be selected from all remaining eligible Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of any Potential Winner to receive their Prize Notification or for Sponsor to receive any Potential Winner’s response. The inability of Sponsor to contact a Potential Winner, the failure of a Potential Winner to contact Sponsor in a timely manner, the inability of a Potential Winner to accept or receive the Prize for any reason, the return of any Prize as undeliverable, and/or the non-acceptance by a Potential Winner of any Prize for any reason will result in disqualification of such Potential Winner, and alternate Potential Winner(s) will be selected randomly from all remaining eligible Entries received until the Winner is selected. Only two (2) alternate Potential Winners may be determined, after which the applicable Prize will remain unawarded. Potential Winner who complies with all of the foregoing requirements and ultimately receives a Prize is known as a “Winner”. Once an entrant is selected as a Potential Winner, such entrant will not be eligible for any subsequent drawings, if any.
- Winner will receive one (1) Viessmann T-shirt in a size Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, or Extra-Extra Large (subject to T-Shirt size availability) (approximate retail value: $19.99)
The approximate value of all prizes to be awarded is $19.99..
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of all Prizes will be determined at Viessmann’s sole discretion. All Prizes are subject to availability. Winners are not entitled to any surplus between the actual retail value of his/her Prize and its stated approximate retail value; and any difference between the stated approximate retail value and actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by Viessmann, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. All prizes are non-transferable. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prizes are at the Winners’ sole risk and Sponsors are not responsible for damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any of the Prizes. Sponsors reserve the right to verify eligibility of all Winners. Prizes will be awarded by U.S. Mail, Federal Express, UPS and/or other shipping method, in Viessmann’s and/or its Prize suppliers’ sole discretion, using the applicable Mailing Information of the Winner.
If any Winner is unable to accept a Prize or any portion of a Prize for any reason, Sponsors shall have no further obligation to such Winner.
- TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, tariffs and fees are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Each Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the approximate retail value of the Prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting a Prize, participants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the decisions of Viessmann and/or its designees and (b) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their respective affiliates, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, managers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, members attorneys and agents including, without limitation, any person or entity associated with the production, judging or administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to their participation in the Sweepstakes and/or their use or misuse of any Prize. By accepting a Prize, each Winner consents to the use of his/her name and/or likeness (voice, biographical information, city and state of residence, statements (including, but not limited to, any statements on any Entry), photograph, and recordings) for advertising and promotional purposes (including, but not limited to, use on Sponsor’s web sites without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law). Sponsors reserve the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules and/or extend the dates of this Sweepstakes for any reason at any time. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- RELEASE. All decisions of Viessmann are final and binding; and entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a Prize, each Winner agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of any Prize. Sponsors reserve the right to use the Sweepstakes for publicity purposes in any media and to use the name, likeness, and hometown name and/or Prize information of selected entrants as part of that publicity, without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law. This Sweepstakes is void outside the US and where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (a) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible Entries or communications, regardless of the method of transmission; (b) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (c) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Entry or other materials; (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (e) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Viessmann reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should any unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Viessmann may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes in any way by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practice that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or representatives of any Sponsor.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND ANY JUDICIAL PROCEEDING SHALL TAKE PLACE IN A FEDERAL OR STATE COURT IN RHODE ISLAND; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES (OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES) AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANT AND THE SPONSORS IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF RHODE ISLAND, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS (WHETHER OF THE STATE OF RHODE ISLAND OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION), THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN THOSE OF THE STATE OF RHODE ISLAND.
WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a list of Winners or a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Viessmann Manufacturing Company (U.S.), Inc., “VIESSMANN SOCIAL MEDIA T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES”, Winners List/Official Rules, 45 Access Road, Warwick, RI, 02886, to be received no later than the date that is 75 days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Winners’ lists will be sent once all Winners have been verified and Prize have been awarded.
© 2020 Viessmann Manufacturing Company (U.S.), Inc. All rights reserved.