Viessmann is committed to adhering to policies, procedures and practices designed to keep confidential and secure all personal information that Viessmann obtains from users of its website and social media pages, Viessmann trading partners, Viessmann employees and customers, and/or any other third party.
Personal Information Viessmann Collects: Certain areas of Viessmann’s website and social media pages may require individuals or entities to register and/or create an account to enable access to content and offers. Information that individuals opt to provide to Viessmann in connection with registration may include such information as name, date of birth, gender, home address or ZIP code, e-mail address and phone number. Viessmann collects such information as part of the registration process for such activities involving Viessmann’s website and social media pages as product warranty registration and promotions participation. Viessmann may also use a variety of technologies to collect information directly from individuals who use our website, including cookies and web beacons, and may collect information provided by the individual’s web browser, such as internet protocol address and operating system. [Our web server uses an extended log file format which captures: date and time of visit, referring address (location from which a visitor comes to this website), types of computing devices and Internet browsers, and visitors’ IP addresses. (Each computer that connects to the Internet is assigned a unique number, an IP address, for identification purposes). The log file does not capture a visitor’s email address.
Note: Viessmann does not knowingly collect personal information from children – Viessmann websites, promotions and social media pages are not designed to attract, nor do they seek to provide services to, any persons under the age of 13 years. If we learn that an individual interacting with Viessmann’s website or social media pages is under the age of 13 years, we will make a good faith effort to remove that person’s information from our databases.
Removal of cookies from computing devices: Individuals may at any time remove cookies from their computing devices’ memories, including cookies placed by or through the use of the Viessmann website or social media pages. Please check with the applicable browser provider for more information on removing cookies.
Nature of Viessmann’s Use of Information Collected: The information collected by Viessmann on its websites and through its social media pages is used to improve the products and the website experience we offer, to improve the website and social media content we provide, to contact customers regarding updates to such content and for other marketing purposes, including targeted marketing of offers related to our promotions programs.
- Our service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your PII in connection with the services they perform for us.
- Service providers to our advertisers: Our advertisers may contract with companies who handle data (such as advertisers’ customer lists) for them.
Our subsidiaries and related companies: Our affiliates may assist Viessmann in providing and marketing its services to the public, including through the use and analysis of information we collect from individuals.]
- Courts or opposing parties in legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Viessmann, our advertisers or any other third party.
- An acquirer or merger partner in connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets or is merged with Viessmann, we may disclose PII in connection with the sale.
- Any third party in accordance an individual’s express permission.
We also share anonymized technical data that we collect about individuals’ Internet connections, browsing habits and computing devices and web browsers (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising “ecosystem.” This enables them and us to better target ads to individuals.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information to our advertisers and other third parties.
Opting out of receiving further Viessmann communication: We recognize how important online privacy is, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads individuals receive and how we use collected data:
- Individuals can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by Viessmann: Individuals can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by Viessmann or on its behalf by clicking on the opt-out icon in the ads Viessmann serves. Please note that, if an individual deletes cookies or upgrades a web browser after having opted out, additional opt-out action may be required. Further, if an individual uses multiple browsers or devices, opt-out action may be required on each browser or device.
- Individuals can opt-out of receiving targeted, interest-based or online behavioral ads through advertising associations: Individuals may use the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out tool at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, which will allow the individuals to opt out of seeing targeted ads from Viessmann and from NAI-approved member companies. Individuals may also opt out of receiving targeted, interest-based or online behavioral ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and Your Online Choices website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
Access to and correction of PII held by Viessmann: If an individual wishes to gain access to, correct or amend any PII or other information about such individual held by Viessmann, he or she may submit a request to Viessmann’s [privacy officer/privacy contact] at the address provided below. Viessmann will exercise good faith efforts to provide access to such information within a reasonable time to the extent it is available, and to correct or amend such information to the extent it is believed to be inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of providing access, correction or amendment would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the particular instance or where the rights of other persons would be violated.
Data Security: Viessmann has implemented measures designed to secure personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of personal information also depends on individual conduct – where Viessmann has given individuals access to certain parts of its website or social media pages through passwords and the like, such individuals are responsible for keeping such access information confidential. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not fully secure, and although Viessmann endeavors to protect personal information against unauthorized access or distribution, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to Viessmann’s website or social media pages, and such transmission of personal information is at the individual’s own risk.
Or call 800-505-1223